The Sales executive is responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales leads. Once generated, they will be involved in the entire sales cycle. As the ‘owner’ of the sale they will receive commission on the sale. SchoolBase is a complex product and they will need input from appropriate pre-sales consultants and significant training- both will be provided. This individual will be a highly motivated self-starter able to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including inbound marketing leads, prospect lists, discovery and individual research. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential!
Reports To: Managing Director
The Sales Executive is expected to:
- Develop new business via telephone, email and social media to introduce Furlong’s products and identify appropriate key decision makers within our target market.
- Follow up on leads and conduct research to identify potential prospects.
- Conduct a needs analysis and determine prospects pain points to determine how Furlong’s solution will meet those needs.
- Identify key buying influencers within these prospects to determine budget and timeline.
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing team to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet company revenue goals.
- Manage data for new and prospective clients in CRM, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached.
- Prepare and analyse sales pipeline reports and dashboards. Attend pre-sales demonstrations, relevant exhibitions and conferences as required
Experience and knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or related field would be advantageous.
- Experience in the Education industry preferred
- 1-3 years’ telemarketing and/or inside sales experience.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity quotas.
- A proven track record of strong client relationships.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
- Experience with CRM, online software
If you feel this job is the right opportunity for you then please submit a covering letter and cv by email to firstname.lastname@example.org